Monday, June 25, 2012

Madelyn

I was a bit behind so sorry about a double posting today.....

Writing about Conner earlier made me realize how little time we actually have with our children and that counts double right now because Maddie is 15 today.  Fifteen years goes by in the blink of an eye.  I will never forget the day this beautiful little creature came into my life.  She was in a big hurry....she didn't even let me wait for the doctor to walk in the room, she came into the world with bright eyes and an extreme amount of determination.

She is my fighter.  She doesn't take no for an answer (even when she should).  She is a risk taker!  She knows how to live life.  I have learned more from her than I think she has from me.  She is funny, sweet, talented, smart, and beautiful.  She is the complete package.  My most current wish for her is to learn how to deal with other girls.  Drama, unfortunately, is something she has to learn to deal with, something I can only offer advice on, but it will always be there.  Girls are, excuse the language, bitches.  It's sad that we don't learn until we are in our 20s how to treat each other, how to weed out the bad ones, and how to treasure the good ones.  I can only hope that she goes through these difficult years without too many scars. 

I am blessed to have this little one in my life!  I love our relationship, even when it is difficult. 

Happy Birthday to my amazing daughter, you are magnificent!

Thanks,

from Heather

No comments: