Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sky Diving (sort of)

I have an irrational fear of heights.  I don't know why or what caused it but, even the thought of going up a ladder sends shivers up my spine, this is why I'm glad I have tall men in my life, they can reach things for me.....but I love roller coasters (even though I am getting a bit too old to ride them because they make me hurt so much the next day) go figure!!!!! 

I know I did not go sky diving, I will save that for the crazy people I know (Marcia) but secretly, I'd love to have the courage to really go one day but in the mean time, I did something else fun today.  It wasn't near as scary as I thought it would be, I went to a sky diving simulator.  My friend Misti wanted to take me to do something for my birthday, first we thought maybe a shopping trip to Ikea but, we can do that any day, then I saw pictures she posted about going to a gun range but, Michael has his heart set on taking me, then... I had it!!!!  After a bit of apprehension back and forth on the phone, she booked our "flight"! 

It helped a lot that we had a little kid in our group, he was probably 6, I couldn't show fear if he just jumped in, literally!!!!  Misit went first... I started to freak out a bit, a minute really isn't that long (I don't know why my kids bitch when I say "In a minute!"  it's really over in a heart beat) and I didn't really pay attention too much to her first flight.  Before I knew it, I was on my feet, arms across my chest, about to go into the wind tunnel.  OMG, it was awesome!  Our instructor, Willo, was awesome.  He was hilarious and very encouraging.  It took a bit of time for us to find my "natural" flight posture but we got there and  I actually remembered it for the second flight and was able to control my body better. 

Misti's second flight was a bit interesting, she crashed  bumped into the wall but Willo was her hero (just for the day, her real hero will be home from his deployment soon enough) and caught her and got her back on her belly.  My second flight was just as fun and I can't wait to go again!

As soon as I figure out how to edit and reformat the video, I will load it up here.  Until then, here are some pics...








Next up, a zip line......
Thanks,

from Heather

No comments: